Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Look Forward to Something New

There was baseball practice last night, and then we had our team dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. It felt really good to stop being Phil Wood for a few hours; I wish I could bottle that feeling.

With the Tuesday League wrapped up, my focus is on performing well in the Weekend League. I feel really good about my status for this year, for unlike previous campaigns I conditioned and trained to get into game shape. So far I didn't make any stupid errors, yet I try to be as professional as I can be: Ask like you made the diving catch before, and you plan on doing it again. In this league, when the younger guys catch, they turn flips and run around like someone crowned them king for a day. Once the next batter hits the ball into their corner of the outfield, it falls for a basehit or they mess up and drop the ball. I'm not saying I'm perfect like Oscar Charleston or Willie Mays, however I remember the fundamentals and try to play well so not to be the goat...unlike that LAST time o_O

Wow, it's really late. In case some of you follow my personal blog, things aren't going so well. I hope I can return to the regular format of weekly blog postings in time; when I sort the mess that was once my life out, I'll write better blogs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment