Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

My Knees Are Dead

I was playing outfield in the baseball game last weekend, and when I ran a ball down I went from the grass onto some pavement. I took a step into the pavement, which I believed to be grass, slid and collapsed on my knee. Yeah, the "Doug Williams" fall.

As it happens, I blew out my knee. Well, both knees have the same softness and tingling sensation just below the knee bone, so I doubt I will ever reach the same speed I once did. This really stinks because it never should happen, and it was a freak play.

I cringe when I see injuries in baseball games. I stood mere feet away from pitchers taking comebackers under the eye, and watched strong baserunners suddenly pull up because of hamstrings.

I suppose I reached the age where your body and mind stop getting along. Eventually, my body is going to concede, and I will need to take up a new passion...SCRABBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment