Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What Do You Mean "We Won"?

Unfamiliar Territory o_O Winning a ball game!
For the first time in two years last Tuesday, our baseball team won a game! O_O Yea, I almost made that face, too. It was out of nature for us because we accustomed to falling behind, and press the "Self-Destruct" button at the beginning of every inning, but we finally did something right ^_^

Sorry, my post game report is so late, but I did lots of celebrating (lies lies lies lies lies). To celebrate, I went to Starbucks and bought a different drink: One venti Black Tazo Tea Lemonade ^_^ Much to my surprise, it was delicious; I'm surprised because, if it doesn't taste like a fruit such as passion fruit, which is what I always order, then it doesn't taste good. This drink tastes REALLY good! I digress...


  1. I took a baseball to the face! It was an accident, but during pre-game warmups I ran to field a short fly, reached for the ball with my glove, and it bounced off the fabric and above the bridge of my nose >_< I wore my sunglasses at the time, so the ball bounced off the frame. To show I was fine, I took a couple of steps in another direction, and did the vintage Ric Flair Flop. I thought that would be the high point of our game, until one of our players left the game after breaking his hand on the first play. He took a sharp grounder to his ring finger, and it bleed. I gave him one of my water bottles for "taking one for the team", only to wish I had it later when my left leg seized up with cramp o_O No pain, no gain...I guess...
  2. Okay...? You know when you are trying to field a force out at second base, and the runner charges through the plate aiming for your chin, rib cage, or the only other set of knee ligaments that aren't bent out of shape from the last before? Yea, that almost happened again. I stepped on second base to force out the runner from first base; he was well out, but he picked up speed AFTER I stepped on second base. It's a good thing I picked my knee up and out of the way, otherwise I would be out of baseball for good O_O I'm pretty sure he meant nothing by it, since he asked if I was alright right after. I gave him the benefit of the doubt; his girlfriend was there, and she wasn't reading a book (I think that was his girlfriend? Meh.)
  3. What Does That Mean? After the last out, we stood around thinking about what to do next. In my time with this team we never "won" before, notwithstanding our lone default victory in the playoffs. Obviously, you want to cherish it, but you don't want to be a Scumbag Steve about it (Things I learned in Internet Meme class). Good Guy Greg would approve, I think.
  4. Y U No Like My Fashion Sense? LOL
    1. Hand, don't flip, baseball during long pauses to teammates and opposing players. If necessary, throw the ball but only if time is of the essence, it is during a play, or they ask for it.
    2. Win or Lose: Look every player in the eye, give a firm handshake, and say a short something like "good game", "nice catch", "can I have your number?", "good hustle". Never congratulate somebody with "wet noodles" or "limp biscuits"; that's worth a lap around the outfield in my book.
    3. Their team is losing, and their coach is talking trash about your "overdressing" in RED SOX gear. Don't fuel the fire; just do your job. 4-for-5, two doubles, two infield singles, three RBI, all-day shortstop...one error...on-field presence, leadership, diving catches...two catches and I was standing upright...boogity boogity boogity AMEN!
Thanks to everyone who follows my blog, and knows about the streak that was, and is no longer ^_^ Maybe we can start a new streak of wins next week? I hope so...! o_O

No comments:

Post a Comment