Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

We Lost Again...RED SOX gear?!

PEDROIA breaking the sound barrier Sunday...almost o_O
I should hurry because most of you are checking out MLB Shop and its 20% Off Everything sale (Available only to Facebook users like ME), and I need to pick up some more discount RED SOX gear.

I picked up the start at shortstop in today's game, and the reps came thick and fast. Aside from getting my jersey dirty, I didn't do much else at the start of the game -_- Things were easier once I got comfortable in my surroundings; that was about the third or fourth inning o_O

PEDROIA doesn't take breaks!
The scoreline in the game, at that point, was pretty tight. So in the fifth inning, I start my routine of running out into the field of play toward shortstop, when suddenly Coach says "Phil, take a break this inning." I never heard of such a concept: Me taking a break. If there was a bone sticking out of my body, but aside from a groin pull in the second legging out for two bases on an infield hit I felt fine. For what seemed like ten minutes I stood in mid-stride waiting for Coach to say "Just kidding, go ahead", but those words never came. Reluctantly, I returned to the dugout while the others took the field. Part of being a good player is respecting the word of the coach. You may not agree with it sometimes, but part of being submissive to authority and being in authority is putting the team ahead of personal gain and glory. After all, I just picked up my dignity with a couple of good defensive plays versus eating a ton of dust diving for quick grounders o_O

PEDROIA is AIRBORNE spelt backwards ^_^
Now, this is the part where I say "three up, three down, and no harm done ^_^" However, this is real life o_O Eight runs, two homeruns, and a teammate down due to a pulled hamstring later, we lose our lead, and then the game 17-13. It didn't matter I was 2-3 with a fielder's choice, bloop single to right, and a three-run homerun to left in the seventh; inside, I feel rotten >_< Imagine what I would be typing now had I prepared for those early rocket grounders to start the game, and played the angles better like I did in the middle of the game when the score was tied. My week was already off to a rough start, and now this -_- Good thing I can look forward to a special RED SOX package in the mail.

Yeah, that's right, you noticed the Dustin Pedroia pictures? Last year was about winning the city championship in PIRATES gear, but for right now I'm buying up RED SOX gear for 2012. I should have the essentials like jackets and T-shirts by Thursday, as well as one ready made authentic jersey. I ordered Dustin Pedroia's alternate home jersey (red), and best of all it is made ready to order, so you don't need to wait two weeks like I usually do for my vanity jerseys. I'm pretty sure my sister reads these (Hi Grace-Anne); she is a Yankees supporter, so she must be really proud (shoe flies at Phil's head, missing by an inch). What was that? o_O Anyway, she used to play rep basketball for the hometown team here in Mississauga, and she was #15, which is her favourite number. She also lived in Boston for a time, but now she is overseas. Not only will I wear the #15 RED SOX jersey in honour of her, but I'm also going to wear the special edition pink Phiten bracelet and necklace. Cancer touched our family not too long ago, Grace-Anne specifically; praise God, the doctors caught it early, and she is out and about cancer free having a grand time ^_^ There are other families and friends I know that are not so fortunate, and the least I can do is remember them in prayer and thought as I wear pink.

I suppose things could be worse. I'm slowly getting better at this...baseball thing o_O By the way, my homerun stance looks like this...

It works! YOUKILIS, it works! ^_^
I think my buddy Eric would be proud; he told me last year to start doing the "Youkilis" (Hi Eric).

No comments:

Post a Comment