Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

FINALLY BASEBALL TIME!

My parents were on vacation the week before, so I had to put my nose to the grindstone and keep the business from flying away in red ink and the wind!

I joined a spring league so I can get in shape for the summer! It is the MSSC: The Mississauga Sport & Social Club. There are supposed to be eight teams, but there weren't enough players, so in the dispersal draft one of the seven remaining teams (?) acquired me as a free agent. Cool! I get to use fancy baseball lingo!

Hooray for Rule 5! Whatever THAT is!

One catch though: The team colour is GREEN, but since I don't have enough GREEN baseball gear I said I would wear BLACK since our first game is against a team wearing LIGHT BLUE. It's ONE game, so I doubt it will cause a problem. I see lots of leagues in the city with people wearing jeans, and different colours. I will try to make an effort to get GREEN stuff by the end of the season in mid-June. There is nothing in the rules to suggest there is a penalty for wearing a different colour, plus I found out we play TOMORROW. While I'm not into making excuses, my defense will be I didn't have enough time to get stuff together. Besides, if it is GREEN, then I suppose I should wear...

ATHLETICS gear (not too much though; I'm saving for ANGELS gear!)

Maybe I'll have evidence of my efforts posted soon (pictures perhaps?) Hmm, I may need to return to Facebook for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment