Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

0 and Three

Yea, I'm not feeling too good today. Instead of ROYALS gear, I should wear something else (Phil looks through collection). I'm going to wear PIRATES gear next Tuesday! No...

Well, obviously, I'm disappointed. There aren't enough players to field a team, but your opponents want to play anyway. I'm reluctant to get my batting gloves on, but my teammate Navid looks at me and says we must step up our game. I look back, and say "Yes". So we play...

Mind you, we lost but only by one run (?). Would it make a difference with a full team? It's possible, but six people were battling for each other tonight. Tough plays, running hard, and not giving up. We played against a team with more players, more fielders, and more offensive capabilities, and in response we played with everything we had. I couldn't be prouder.

Had we won, I think my blog would sing a different tune, perhaps throw in a couple of upbeat pictures, add a smiley face, and a video of me doing a Flair Flop in front of my Dad and shouting, "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

I don't think I would enjoy the victory though, because it would be more a surprise than a certainty. It's difficult to explain, but I think when you encounter situations like this the excuses fall away, the blame falls away, and the "boo-snap" falls away, too. Dennis Miller said it best: The crucible can be the easiest place to be.

I am proud of my team.

No comments:

Post a Comment