Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

PIRATES gear

Hi readers, and the Ezarik sisters...(Hi Justine, Breanne, and Jenna)

I know I promised you pictures and/or videos of my Pittsburgh Pirates jerseys. I recently went to the sports store in town, and gave them one of my jerseys to be altered by a tailor in Toronto. Yes, that's the one. Originally, I wanted an alternate authentic Pirates jersey of Lastings Milledge from the online shop for three reasons:
  1. PIRATES gear was on sale
  2. I have way too much PIRATES gear
  3. I like Lastings' name
  4. I like Lastings' hair
Yes, I know that was four; just FOCUS!

Anyway, a day after getting it in the mail, I watched Rogers Sportsnet's ticker, which is on the bottom of the screen, and discovered Milledge "signed a minor-league contract with the Chicago White Sox" (Yippee...). From that day forward, I would only personalize jerseys with...
  1. My name
  2. Joker names
  3. Names of players I REALLY like, and will stay with the team they are playing with, instead of going to the Yankees FOR BOATLOADS OF MONEY!
Once the tailor finishes my jersey, I should have pictures of all of them uploaded soon.

Originally, I bought the replica jerseys they sold at the store. They are made of double knit fabric, impossible to wear under the blazing sun, and you can't make diving catches in them because your Mom, who spent oodles of money to buy said jersey after you begged in public for hours for her to buy it, would see you with the giant stain and chase you with the tree she ripped out of the backyard! Moms don't care if you made the "game-saving" catch in front of that pretty tech girl you crush on so much to close out the sixth inning (Hi iJustine); nothing gets out grass stains!

I 'graduated' to blank authentic jerseys, which are cheaper, yet lack the famous name and number that make jerseys so expensive. During practice, I would wear them to fool the inquistive kids in the adjacent playground into thinking I was a high rolling baseball player. Sadly, with no name or number on the back, I did not sign any autographs afterward. Making countless errors in the first ten minutes of practice didn't help either...

Eventually, I went with personalized authentic MLB jerseys, and had the blank jerseys fixed as well. As a result, I wound up with twice the number of PIRATES and ROYALS jerseys (Oh, you didn't know I have a crazy ROYALS collection? Maybe I'll post pictures of those, too?).

Here are a couple of teasers...

No comments:

Post a Comment