Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Personal Ad of a Baseball Fan

Dear prospective future boss lady living in Mississauga, Ontario or somewhere in Canada... (when you are my age and desperate, it doesn't matter where)

My name is Phil. I am 28, single, and I like baseball. During the week, if I am not working at my full-time job in my Dad's company, I am parked in front of my computer writing about baseball, or watching the Major League Baseball website and its scoreboard for the latest scores and highlights.

I will stare at the screen, with lemonade in hand, and watch for breaking highlights of out-of-market, regular season baseball games. These may occur in the third inning, fifth inning, or the ninth inning. Unless I am watching the boxscore closely, I have no idea; yes, I do like surprises, but I can be patient as well...passionately patient. My parents can attest to that as I would wake them up every Saturday morning from the TV room downstairs as I scream at the millionaire European soccer player that kicked the soccer over the bar and into Saturn's orbit when he couldn't just tap it into the OPEN net to break the nil-nil scoreline...

I also like Starbucks, but not for their coffee; because I don't drink coffee, I go there for atmosphere, and the possibility of meeting someone NEW, which NEVER happens, so I buy some sports magazines, get a Venti Caramel Apple Spice, and leave just as soon as I came in. Hence, I am resorting to the desperation of my baseball blog.

I also like to buy authentic baseball gear, and dress up like a real baseball player would. I even ask for my name and favourite number to be printed on the jersey to add a sense of realism and pride in my fashion choice. Although, I can also put a joke name on the back like "#80 MIRACLE" for you American girls, "SUPERBAD" for you movie lovers out there, or for the Christian, Kansas City Royals loving girls out there "#19 JUDAH". o_O

Call me! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment