Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Marlins Mess means MISSION COMPLETE ^_^

Unlike the music songwriting mission I should finish this week o_O, I did complete one of my long-standing goals this week: Complete my collection of Major League Baseball Fitted On-Field baseball caps ^_^

Today, I walked into Lids and purchased the last hat missing from my collection: This hideous, ridiculous, bright Buccaneer Orange baseball cap the Miami Marlins will wear for road games this year -->

"There is no way I'm wearing it though!" I laughed as I purchased the hat, which also doubles as a pylon for street traffic. There are already bets made on how long players will put up with the monstrosity: I say one season, and then the players will dump the orange peels with the "M" stamp in favour for the black variation for both home and away games in 2013.

o_O The look of intensity and teal...!
I remember when Major League Baseball introduced us to the Florida Marlins in 1993, and to the less palatable colour teal, which fans of professional sports teams such as the Seattle Mariners and the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars know all too well. If you are old enough to remember when grown men wore these attention grabbers, then you know what I'm talking about!

Compared to the colours of the Miami Marlins, which management describe as indicative and reflective of Miami's culture and heritage, the days of black pinstripes and teal don't seem so bad. Given the fact the Marlins won two world championships in 1997 and 2003 with teal on their hats and sleeves redeemed the colour somewhat, but I can't imagine the 2012 installment of the Marlins winning with orange peels, traffic cones, or NASA Booster Engines stuck on their heads. The hat will be a collecter's item none the less ^_^ Albeit for the wrong reasons o_O

PROOF IN ORANGE PUDDING: Marlins players unanimous in their opinions about the orange pylon, er, hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment