Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

Congratulations, St. Louis Cardinals!

I know baseball season is over, but I would like to congratulate the St. Louis Cardinals on winning their eleventh World Series championship this past October ^_^
If you follow me on Twitter, then you know I tweeted of sure victory for the Texas Rangers, and watched as the catchable fly ball heading toward Nelson Cruz's glove suddenly fell off the wall in right field, rolled on the ground, allowed two runs to score, and tie Game 6 of the Series...I wasn't angry though...(ARRRGGGHHH!)

I would also like to wish former Cardinals manager Tony LaRussa all the best as he enters retirement, and a new stage in his life. The Hall-of-Fame manager won baseball's ultimate prize as a manager with the Oakland Athletics in 1989, and with the Cardinals in 2006 and 2011.

His Athletics were BEASTS, and caused many a tear to fall from my face for my Jays in 1989. Nevertheless, all the baseball world salutes Tony LaRussa, one of the game's best managers.

No comments:

Post a Comment