Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Watching the New York Mets

R.A. Dickey gets the start for the METS tonight @ Houston
After watching the sixth inning of the Mets' regular season contest against the Houston Astros down in the heart of Texas, I remembered why during city league games I yell one of my favourite baseball chants "Come out and meet the Mets!" whenever my team takes the field.

There is always one inning for the New York Metropolitans, when things go from normal to titanic disaster in as little as one pitch. Already two errors in back-to-back innings, and one runner picked off at first base for standing too far away from the base -_- This could be a long game, more so with the time zone.

Thankfully, the Mets responded in the seventh inning by tying the game on 2-run single. You can always count on Mets games being exciting, and that fact of life goes back to the glory days of 1969 and 1986 ^_^ (Somebody hand me that defibrillator?)

Mets games remind me of my upcoming foray in city ball next week o_O Unlike last year, I'm a little more optimistic about my performance. I'm not at the stage where I purchase a new set of team gear for 2012 from the MLB shop, as a new set of circumstances prevents me from going all out and buying METS gear. I don't want to jinx anybody and have wacky games...I'll go with CUBS gear ^_^ What? o_O

1 comment:

  1. Astros won 4-3 after a stolen base, and a base hit up the middle that almost took RP Acosta's head off o_O

    ReplyDelete